Co-author Paul Olsen, a geologist at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, and some others have long contended that the earth's precession-a cyclic change in the orientation of the axis toward the sun and resulting temperature changes-consistently created layers reflecting the alternate filling and drying of large lake basins on a fairly steady 20,000-year schedule.
What does LDEO stand for?
LDEO stands for Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (Columbia University)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of LDEO in our Acronym Attic
- Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Long Duration Exposure Facility
- Lancashire Development Education Group (now Lancashire Global Education Centre; UK)
- Liberal Democrat European Group (UK)
- Low-Dimensional Electron Gas (physics)
- Louis Dreyfus Energy Holdings, Ltd. (UK)
- Laboratorio de Estudios Interculturales (Spanish: Intercultural Studies Laboratory; University of Granada)
- Longman Dictionary of English Language and Culture
- Licensed Direct-Entry Midwife
- Loading Dock Equipment Manufacturers
- Limited Donor Exposure Programme
- Lincoln-Douglas Education Project (Geneva, NY)
- Local Development and Employment Pact (UK)
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
- LADAR(Laser Radar) Development and Evaluation Research Facility (US DoD)
- Light Duty Ejector Release Unit
- Leader Development and Education for Sustained Peace (Monterey, CA)
- Lateral Digital Extensor Tendon
- Low-Delay Embedded Transmission
- Lactose Dehydrogenase-Elevating Virus
Samples in periodicals archive:
The news conference participants are: - Jim Green, director, Planetary Science Division, NASA Headquarters, Washington - Sean Solomon, MESSENGER Principal Investigator, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University, Palisades, N.
According to data from Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory.
Experts came out with various explanations on the unusual occurrence, including the possibility that the whales had been scared off by research activities conducted by Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory on Taiwan's seafloor, as Senator Juan Miguel F.
But "the effectiveness of these methods for CO2 sequestration depends strongly on the reservoir capacity, retention time, stability, and risk for leakage," notes David Goldberg of the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University in New York, in the latest edition of the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
In this article, analysis by researcher Klaus Jacob of Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory plays a central role in defining the problem.
In other states, human-environment (H-E) interactions are shoved into all sorts of nooks and crannies in the science standards," says lead author Kim Kastens, a senior research scientist at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University.
It really would become a serious economic burden for the city," says Klaus Jacob, senior research scientist at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory.