The second source of the belief stems from the recommendations of the lactational amenorrhea method (LAM) lobby who support the use of "natural" contraception like avoiding sex during the fertile days of each menstrual cycle.
What does LAM stand for?
LAM stands for Lactational Amenorrhea Method
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LAM
We have 170 other meanings of LAM in our Acronym Attic
- Larynx-Associated Lymphoid Tissue
- Latvian Association of Language Teachers (est. 2001)
- Los Alamos Little Theatre (Los Alamos, NM)
- Los Angeles to Las Vegas
- Lucerne Australian Latent Virus (plants)
- Lakshmi Automatic Loom Works (India)
- Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year (UK; Legal Aid Practitioners Group annual award)
- Center for Lasers and Plasmas for Advanced Manufacturing (Old Dominion University)
- Laboratoire d'Analyses Médicales (French: Medical Analysis Laboratory)
- Laboratoire d’Astrophysique de Marseille (French: Astrophysics Laboratory of Marseille)
- Lagardere Active Media (France)
- Laguna Art Museum (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Lampre - Daikin (Tour de France cycling sponsor)
- Land Administration and Management
- Land Attack Missile
- Landscape Architecture Magazine (American Society of Landscape Architects)
- Large Amplitude Motion (chemical physics)
- Large Aperture Module (laser)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this study, female-only methods included the pill, IUD, injectable and implant; couple methods included male and female condoms, the diaphragm, foam, jelly, withdrawal, the lactational amenorrhea method and periodic abstinence--that is, methods that require at least the awareness of and a certain degree of support and cooperation from husbands.
2000) Multicenter study of the lactational amenorrhea method (LAM) III: effectiveness, duration, and satisfaction with reduced client-provider contact.