Originally planned to run through Turkey to Austria via Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria, the 3,900-kilometre (2,400-mile) pipeline has been plagued by problems, including a lack of potential suppliers, that have repeatedly delayed the start of construction.
What does LOP stand for?
LOP stands for Lack of Potential
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LOP
We have 91 other meanings of LOP in our Acronym Attic
- Learning in Out-of-School Environments (UK)
- Landelijk Overleg Ondernemingsraden Thuiszorg (Dutch: National Homecare and Discussion Works; Netherlands)
- Landelijk Overleg Orgaan Toerclubs (Dutch: National Organ Touring Club)
- Lesbian Organization of Toronto (est. 1976; Canada)
- Listing of Outlaw Treachery (est. 1986; US DOI)
- Lake Ontario Ordinance Works
- Landelijk Overleg Onderwijs Wetenschappelijke Informatie (Dutch: Dutch Association for Teaching Information Skills)
- Labour Overhead and Profit
- Lack of Penetration (welding)
- Lack of Performance (human resources)
- Lack of Power
- Launcher Operator Panel
- Law of One Price (economics)
- Leading One/Zero Prediction
- Lean of Peak (fuel mixture setting)
- Least Objectionable Program (Paul Klein, NBC)
- Left Occipito Posterior (fetal position)
- Legal Orientation Program
- Length of Pull (shooting)
- Let Out Property (real estate designation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the prospect of just one senior team playing just one match at home, out of a possible twelve, and no first or second team action, there is significant concern at the lack of potential income at the club.
Recent Qatari banks' strong interest in Turkey is likely to stem from the desire to diversify out of their home country's narrow economy, coupled with the lack of potential acquisitions in the Gulf region, Fitch Ratings said in a Jan 14 note.
Luca Cumani's five-year-old has run only three times in fields of eight or fewer runners yielding form figures of 635 and with only seven lining up and a lack of potential pacesetters in opposition, there has to be a big doubt over whether he will get the strong gallop that suited him so well when winning a string of decent handicaps last season.
Sayegh praised in his word the efforts exerted by the Ministry' s centers despite the lack of potentials, and despite the challenges and the current political situation in the country.
CAIRO: Emad Meteb said that Standard Liege's lack of potential triggered his move back to Egypt.
Because of a lack of potential donors from Asian backgrounds on the bone marrow register, the chance of Amun finding a match is just 125,000-to-one, against one in three for white patients who need transplants.
A Kirklees Highways spokesman, said: "Over the years there have been a number of improvements to traffic management around Flockton but the possibility of a bypass has never been fully reconsidered due to the lack of potential funding.