Byline: Jim Cremin GREYHOUND racing is moving its forensic testing process from Newmarket's Horseracing Forensic Laboratory (HFL) to the rival LGC Ltd - the privatised Laboratory of the Government Chemist.
What does LGC stand for?
LGC stands for Laboratory of the Government Chemist (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LGC
We have 82 other meanings of LGC in our Acronym Attic
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered Student Union (Florida State University student organization)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transvestite, Transsexual
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Queer
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgendered, Intersexual, Queer, Questioning, 2-Spirited
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Transsexual, Two-Spirited, Intersexed, Queer
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Union (campus group)
- Large Group Business Unit
- Low Gyro Bias Update
- Lesbian Gay and Bisexual Youth of Toronto
- La Gloria Cubana (cigar)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The introduction explains the six principles for ensuring valid analytical measurement formulated by the Laboratory of the Government Chemist (LGC).
Meanwhile, BSE testing was started on thousands of British cattle yesterday at the Laboratory of the Government Chemist to see how widespread it is.
The agency felt there was a need, too, for an independent and transparent audit of the Institute of Animal Health sheep experiments called into question by the Laboratory of the Government Chemist.
Inquiries have been launched into how how the mix-up happened at the Laboratory of the Government Chemist for DNA analysis.
LGC's pedigree stretches back almost 170 years when it was the Laboratory of the Government Chemist, a statutory functionmaintained by LGC today after the organisation's privatisation in 1996.