We found a change in our genetic code that boosts our risk for Alzheimer's disease," said the study's senior author, Paul Thompson, a UCLA professor of neurology and a member of the UCLA Laboratory of Neuro Imaging.
What does LONI stand for?
LONI stands for Laboratory of Neuro Imaging
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LONI
We have 1 other meaning of LONI in our Acronym Attic
- Laboratories Over Next Generation Networks
- Longfellow National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Long Range Artillery Missile
- Long Range Fiber Optic Guided (missile)
- Long Range Fiber Optic Guided Missile
- Laboratory of Networking Group (Lehigh University; Pennsylvania)
- Long-Term Terrain Model
- Library Of Neuropsychological Information
- Louisiana Optical Network Initiative
- Leningradskii Otraslevoi Nauchno-Issledovatel'skii Institut Sviazi (Leningrad Branch Scientific Research Institute of Communication)
- League of Nebraska Municipalities
- Letter of Non-Objection (shipping)
- Letter of No Prejudice
- Leaders of the New School
- Local On-Line Network System
- Logistics Office Network System
- League of Nations Treaty Series
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study was conducted by Eileen Luders, an assistant professor at the UCLA Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, and colleagues.
Eileen Luders, a visiting assistant professor at the UCLA Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, and colleagues found that the differences between meditators and controls are not confined to a particular core region of the brain but involve large-scale networks that include the frontal, temporal, parietal and occipital lobes and the anterior corpus callosum, as well as limbic structures and the brain stem.
Lead researcher Natasha Lepore, a postgraduate researcher at UCLA's Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, has found that visual regions of the brain were smaller in volume in blind individuals than in sighted ones.