The 2010 recipients submitted diverse proposals, including requests to enroll in culinary arts training, obtain certification as a labor doula or midwife and attend a workshop on travel writing.
What does LD stand for?
LD stands for Labor Doula (childbirth)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LD
We have 59 other meanings of LD in our Acronym Attic
- Leicestershire Clubs for Young People (UK)
- LeFlore County Youth Services, Inc. (est. 1974; Poteau, Oklahoma)
- Lewis County Youth Soccer Association (Washington)
- Low Correlation Zone
- Lower Convective Zone (solar ponds)
- Louisiana Coastal Zone Management Program
- Lubelskie Centrum Zdrowia Publicznego (Polish: Public Health Center of Lublin)
- Labor and Delivery
- Labor Day (US holiday)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A childbirth educator, certified labor doula, mother of five and new grandmother, Wallace started Gracewinds in 2002 when she saw that expectant couples and new parents had to look all over town for services.
Postpartum doulas (not to be confused with labor doulas, who coach women in labor) can be there from one nursing session to the next and can work with the mom holistically, taking into account the new mother's personal and family situation.