In that study, the pooled difference in response rates on the 17-item Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HDRS-17) after 30 days between patients who received adjunctive L-methylfolate and those who received SSRI therapy plus placebo was 17.
What does LMF stand for?
LMF stands for L-Methylfolate (vitamin product)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LMF
We have 81 other meanings of LMF in our Acronym Attic
- Land Mobile Satellite Earth Stations
- Le Mans Endurance Series (motorsport)
- Llyn Model Engineering Society (Wales)
- Lockheed Martin Energy Systems
- Lockheed Martin Electronic Systems Canada
- Lockheed Martin Engineering & Sciences Co.
- Leadership & Management Education & Training
- Leadership & Management Enlisted/Element Training
- London Metal Exchange Index
- Let Me Entertain You (song)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Every Body's Multiple also provides vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid in their active forms: P-5-P, methylcobalamin and L-methylfolate Additionally, Every Body's Multiple provides a full range of other necessary ingredients, including vitamin D3 and vitamin E from a d-alpha and mixed tocopherol complex, the way nature intended
Combining L-methylfolate with an SSRI or an SNRI proved more effective than monotherapy at treatment initiation in a study of 242 patients with major depressive disorder.
L-methylfolate appears to play a role in neurotransmitter synthesis, and deficiencies have been linked to depressive symptoms.