Although the Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) has proven value in determining disease stage, it has limitations such as the lack of a cognitive component.
What does KEDSS stand for?
KEDSS stands for Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Korean Educational Development Institute
- KeySpan Energy Delivery New York
- Korean Energy Development Organization (aka Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization; South Korea, North Korea and US)
- Kenya Election Domestic Observation Forum
- Knowledge Engineering and Discovery Research Institute (Auckland University of Technology; New Zealand)
- Kansas Event Data System
- Kids' Eating Disorder Survey
- Kindergarten Extended Day Session (Milton, MA)
- Kirkland Event Destination Services (Florida)
- Knowledge Express Data Systems (Telescan, Inc.)
- Edwards AFB, CA (ICAO Identifier)
- Kansas Equipment Exchange
- Keesler AFB (Biloxi, MS)
- Kewanee (Amtrak station code; Kewanee, IL)
- Key External Expert (various companies)
- Knowledge Engineering Environment
- Knowledge Era Enterprises (US and Germany)
- Knowledge Extraction Engine
- Kokusai Electric Europe GmbH
- Kiwi Enuresis Encopresis Association (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We conducted a 3-year prospective observational study of 204 subjects who used interferon beta or glatiramer acetate and compared subjects' responses on the Veterans Short-Form 36 (VSF-36) (36-item short-form functional status assessment for veterans) with the Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) and the Functional System (FS) scales, which are standard MS disability scales.