Many studies have relied on the Kuiper Airborne Observatory, an infrared telescope that flew high in the atmosphere in a converted C-141 airplane.
What does KAO stand for?
KAO stands for Kuiper Airborne Observatory (NASA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of KAO
We have 17 other meanings of KAO in our Acronym Attic
- Karachi Nuclear Power Project (Canadian-built CANDU reactor in Pakistan)
- Keio Academy of New York
- Cryptographic Equipment Operational Manual
- Ka-Band Downlink (astronomy)
- Kappa Alpha Order (fraternity)
- Katholische Aktion Österreich
- Kick Ass Offense (football)
- KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) Academy of Opportunity (Los Angeles, CA)
- Kisses All Over
- Korea Astronomy Observatory (South Korea)
- Kuusamo, Finland (Airport Code)
- Katholische Aktion Österreich (German: Catholic Action Austria)
- Kingwood Assembly of Christ (Texas)
- Korean Air Operations Center (South Korea)
- Konkani Association of California
- Kajang Assembly of God (Malaysia)
- Konkani Association of Georgia
- Korean Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (est. 1947)
- Korea Association of Game Industry
- Kansas Association of Osteopathic Medicine (Topeka)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Using an infrared spectrometer aboard the Kuiper Airborne Observatory Gordon Bjoraker of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md.
The authors cite observations of the star's occultation made by other researchers from the University of Tasmania Observatory in Hobart, Australia, and from NASA's Kuiper Airborne Observatory.