Class sizes have since risen by 20% with new classes such as Krav Maga added to kick boxing, general fitness and a whole range of martial arts.
What does KM stand for?
KM stands for Krav Maga (Israeli martial art)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of KM
We have 22 other meanings of KM in our Acronym Attic
- Kirk-Mayer, Inc
- Kiss Me
- Kitchen Manager (restaurants)
- Knight of Malta
- Knightmare (gaming clan)
- Knights of Malta (religious order)
- Knowledge Management
- Konica Minolta (camera)
- Koninklijke Marine (Royal Navy)
- Krause-Mishler (numismatic catalogue)
- Kriegsmarine (WWII German Navy)
- Kyocera Mita (various locations)
- Michaelis-Menten Constant (molececular cellular biology)
- United Kingdom to Mediterranean (routing designation; US Navy)
- Korean Medium-Range Surface-To-Air Missile
- Knowledge Management / Decision Support
- Knowledge Management/Decision Support (tool)
- Kilometers Per Hour
- Kilometers Per Hour
- Knowledge Management for Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
99 srp “Self-Defense - Krav Maga - Close Combat Street Fighting Techniques” - This DVD contains two complete programs: 1.
Class sizes have gone up by 20% with new classes such as Krav Maga added to a timetable that already features kick boxing, general fitness and a whole range of martial arts.
com Krav Manga--Weapon Defenses outlines Israeli krav maga (contact combat), a system that teaches natural defensive instincts to defend against armed threats.
Krav Maga David Kahn YMAA Publications PO Box 480 Wolfeboro, NH 03894-0480 9781594392405, $24.
Combining real-world, no-rules self-defense techniques (think elbows, knees and a "whatever it takes" mindset) with a heart-pumping adrenaline rush of aerobic activity, krav maga is already taught to law enforcement agencies throughout the U.
For The Debt she learned the hand-to-hand combat of krav maga, though points out that her fight scene was rather 'geriatric' in nature.
She worked with a dialect coach to hone an Israeli inflection in preparation for the role and also learnt basic krav maga, the defence skill rooted in hand-to-hand combat used by the Israeli Defence Forces.