The European Union had joined an agreement initiated by the two Koreas and the US within the Korean Energy Development Organization program, the objective being to persuade North Korea to freeze and later dismantle its nuclear program.
What does KEDO stand for?
KEDO stands for Korean Energy Development Organization (aka Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization; South Korea, North Korea and US)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of KEDO in our Acronym Attic
- Kittiwake Economic Development Corporation (Canada)
- Kingston Economic Development Corporation (Ontario, Canada)
- Key Employee Deferred Compensation Plan
- Kiamichi Economic Development District of Oklahoma
- Kerr Economic Development Foundation (Kerrville, TX)
- Kinetic-Energy Density Functional
- Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority
- K-Edge Densitometer Gage
- Korean Educational Development Institute
- KeySpan Energy Delivery New York
- Kenya Election Domestic Observation Forum
- Knowledge Engineering and Discovery Research Institute (Auckland University of Technology; New Zealand)
- Kansas Event Data System
- Kids' Eating Disorder Survey
- Kindergarten Extended Day Session (Milton, MA)
- Kirkland Event Destination Services (Florida)
- Knowledge Express Data Systems (Telescan, Inc.)
- Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale
- Edwards AFB, CA (ICAO Identifier)
- Kansas Equipment Exchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thaksin said Thailand made another financial contribution to the Korean Energy Development Organization (KEDO) in January, but he provided no figure.
In the Korean Energy Development Organization agreement, there is no plan for waste processing and storage and no information on who must pay for disposal of the waste or how much safe disposal will cost.