CAPTION(S): Seismic waves after North Korea''s nuclear test were measured at the Korea Meteorological Administration in Seoul
What does KMA stand for?
KMA stands for Korea Meteorological Administration
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of KMA
We have 151 other meanings of KMA in our Acronym Attic
- Kingston Metropolitan Area (Jamaica)
- Kirby Mass Attack (game)
- Kirby Mouse Attack (game)
- Kiss My Ass
- Kissinger McLarty Associates (international strategic advisory firm)
- Knowledge Management Architecture
- Knowledge Monitoring Assessment (academic evaluation)
- Known Medical Allergies
- Knoxville Museum of Art
- Koninklijke Militaire Academie (Royal Military Academy; Netherlands)
- Korean Academy of Medical Sciences
- Korean Medical Association
- Kubota Manufacturing of America (Gainesville, GA)
- Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly
- Kursk Magnetic Anomaly (Russia)
- Kutiyana Memon Association (Karachi, Pakistan)
- Kuwait Medical Association
- Kyiv-Mohyla Academy (Kyiv, Ukraine)
- Kyocera Mita America (now Kyocera Document Solutions)
- Kentucky Museum of Arts & Design
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although its power is diminishing due to the low sea temperature, and is expected to diminish even more after making landfall, it s still a powerful typhoon," said a spokesman for the Korea Meteorological Administration.
The Korea Meteorological Administration said downpours tallying more than 110 millimeters of rain per hour, a record volume witnessed once or twice in a century, were recorded in the country's central and southern areas, as well as in the Seoul metropolitan area, according to Yonhap.
The Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA), for example, has long been one of the world's foremost centers for numerical weather prediction (NWP) and climate research.
The mesh network spans a large geographical area, covering 204 square kilometers, or 80 square miles, and replaces a legacy network provided by KT for the Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA) to monitor weather systems in the region.
More snow was expected to fall later in the day, according to predictions from the Korea Meteorological Administration on early Tuesday.
Maemi - Korean for cicada - is 'by far the most powerful typhoon since we began compiling weather records in 1904,' said Yoon Seok-hwan, an official at the Korea Meteorological Administration.
the project--Phase II of a larger Jeju Island weather monitoring system designed for the Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA)--employs Firetide's advanced wireless mesh networking technologies to unite KMA's IP-based USN devices located on the south half of the island.