Or maybe it was simply because you can't not dance to Kool and the Gang when they come on the radio.
What does KATG stand for?
KATG stands for Kool and the Gang (band)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of KATG
We have 1 other meaning of KATG in our Acronym Attic
- Knowledge-based Autonomous Test Engineer
- Korea Association of Teachers of English
- X/Ka-Band Telemetry and Telecommand Experiment
- Kentucky Applied Technology Education Association
- Kenyan Aromatic Tea (Canada)
- Kulbardi Aboriginal Tertiary Entrance Course (Australia)
- Korea Automotive Technology Institute
- Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation
- Kenya Association of Teachers of French
- Keith and the Girl (Podcast show)
- Katholisch (German: Catholic)
- Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (Kumasi, Ghana)
- Kentucky Advanced Technology Institute (Bowling Green, KY)
- Korangi Association of Trade & Industry (Karachi, Pakistan)
- Korea Agricultural Trade Information
- Kutenai Art Therapy Institute (Canada)
- Knowledge and Technology in Education
- Hartsfield - Jackson Atlanta International Airport (Georgia, USA)
- Kentucky Assistive Technology Loan Corporation
- Kansas Association of Teachers of Mathematics
Samples in periodicals archive:
At the heart of Kool and the Gang was Claydes Charles Smith, lead guitarist and composer.
Mannington Mills and Surfaces will host Surfaces Celebration, a networking event starring Kool and the Gang, whose hits in the '70s and '80s included "Jungle Boogie.
Our Let''s Go Disco CD contains an amazing 20 memorable tracks including Boogie Nights by Heatwave, Can You Feel It by Billy Ocean, I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor, Ladies Night by the Temptations and Get Down On It by Kool and The Gang, and many more.
He said one of his best memories was performing as Kool and the Gang.
In this series surveying the 50-year history of funk, presented by Norman Jay, a key figure in the underground dance scene, with Fred Wesley, tonight's programme looks at the Blaxploitation movie soundtracks of the 1970s and the work of Kool and the Gang.