[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The company that he previously worked for tried manual programming and a PC-based CAM system, but Usher surveyed the market and felt that he could offer more capabilities by utilizing a CAM system equipped with Knowledge Based Machining and an advanced hybrid Surface and Solid modeler.
What does KBM stand for?
KBM stands for Knowledge Based Machining
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of KBM
We have 34 other meanings of KBM in our Acronym Attic
- Kein Bock Mehr (German gaming community)
- Key Business Metrics
- Keyblade Master
- Keyboard and Mouse (various companies)
- Keyboard Macro
- Keyboard Magazine
- Kicked By Mule
- Kier Building Maintenance (UK)
- Kingdom Building Ministries
- Kirin Beer Marketing (Japan)
- Knowledge Based Manufacturing (Computer Associates AS/400 based ERP system)
- Knowledge Based Marketing
- Kult Black Milk (started in 1997)
- Kyle Busch Motorsports
- Kentucky Building Materials Association (Louisville, KY)
- Knuth-Bendix in Monoids and Automatic Groups
- Keesing Business Media Belgium (Dutch business to business publisher)
- Kampung Baru Medical Center (Malaysia)
- Kenton Bridge Medical Centre (UK)
- Kentucky Baptist Music Conference (Christianity)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This makes Knowledge Based machining software flexible enough to evolve as shop personnel learn more, allowing it to truly capture the investments made in training.
Lamy: Traditional knowledge based machining (adaptive [ANC] or generative [GNC]) implementations have failed.
PartMaker is what is known as a Knowledge Based Machining system, allowing it to provide a substantial gain in programming efficiency by remembering the tools, material, and process information necessary to machine individual part features.