Originally built as a meeting place for a secret society called the Order of the Knights of Pythias, the apartment block was designed by an architect famed for his cinema palaces.
What does K of P stand for?
K of P stands for Knights of Pythias (Masons)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Over (logging abbreviation)
- Permeability (physics)
- Phylloquinone (vitamin)
- Que (Spanish)
- Special K (cereal)
- Tanker Aircraft Designation (US military, as in KC-10)
- US Offices in China Stamp (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Wreck Less Than $50 Damage (Alabama Public Safety radio code)
- Knights of Columbus
- Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca (ophthalmology; form of eye inflammation)
- Kansas State University
- Constant Dollars
- Kyrie Eleison (Greek: Lord Have Mercy; a Catholic prayer)
- Kent and East Sussex Railway
- Kansas and Gulf Shortline
- Kultur Und Gesellschaft (German)
- Knife & Gun Club
- Knopp and Humblet Scheduling Algorithm
- Joint Knopp and Humblet / Round-Robin Scheduling Algorithm
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was a member of the Irving Yarock Post #32 of the Jewish War Veterans and Knights of Pythias.
It turns out all those silly-sounding civic associations--ranging from the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks and the Eastern Star to the Knights of Pythias and the Loyal Order of Moose--were critical.
With paid-up dues and a one-time admission fee of $3, members of the Knights of Pythias could join the "Endowment Rank" and receive life protection of up to $1,000, a sizable sum in those days.
The Westminster Knights of Pythias has given $5,000 to Carroll Community College in Westminster, Md.
Catholics who joined the Masonic Order itself were excommunicated; those who joined the Odd Fellows or the Knights of Pythias were denied the sacraments.