Conceptual Mechanism Design The design of the SCKM consists of a miniature hydraulic system attached across the knee joint to the thigh and leg up rights of the knee-ankle-foot orthosis (KAFO) via revolute joints in a four-bar linkage arrangement for linear-to-rotary transmission (Figure 1).
What does KAF stand for?
KAF stands for Knee-Ankle-Foot (orthotics)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of KAF
We have 27 other meanings of KAF in our Acronym Attic
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute
- Kent Adult Education Service (UK)
- Kurdish American Education Society (est. 1997; Upland, CA)
- Kansas Association of Elementary School Principals
- Kentucky Association of Elementary School Principals (Louisville, KY)
- Kansas Association for the Education of Young Children
- Kanagawa Archaeology Foundation (Japan)
- Kandahar Airfield (Afghanistan)
- Kenya Air Force
- King Arthur Flour Company, Inc. (Norwich, VT)
- Kreate-A-Fighter (gaming)
- Kuwait Air Force
- Kyrgyz Air, Kyrgyzstan (ICAO code)
- Kelas Agama Fardu Ain (religious classes; Malaysia)
- Korea Air Force Academy (South Korea)
- Korea American Football Association (est. 1947; South Korea)
- Korean Academy of Film Arts (est. 1984; Seoul, South Korea)
- Korean American Family Association
- Korean-American Friendship Association (est. 1975)
- Kenosha Area Family and Aging Services, Inc. (Kenosha, WI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For people with isolated quadriceps weakness or paralysis, a standard knee-ankle-foot orthosis (KAFO) is typically prescribed to support the limb during locomotion.
INTRODUCTION Knee-ankle-foot orthoses (KAFOs) are often prescribed for patients with weakness of the muscles that control the knee and/or loss of structural integrity of the knee joint.