Although Hydro Tasmania's proposed $2-billion 600-megawatt wind farm has the potential to become the largest wind farm in the southern hemisphere, the company wants the approval of King Island residents before they begin construction.
What does KI stand for?
KI stands for King Island (Tasmania, Australia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of KI
We have 10 other meanings of KI in our Acronym Attic
- Keane, Inc.
- Keithley Instruments, Inc. (Solon, OH)
- Kennedy Information
- Key Indicator (encryption seed used in GSM/PCN and derivative systems call setup)
- Key Informant (data collection)
- Kibi (kilobinary, 2^10)
- Killer Instinct
- Kinderberg International
- Kinetic Inhibitor (chemistry)
- Kinetic Interceptor
- King's Indian (chess)
- King's Island (amusement park, Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Kingdom Interlinear (Jehovah's Witnesses)
- Kinsey Institute
- Kiribati (ISO country code, top level domain)
- Kiwanis International
- Klaksvíkar Ítróttarfelag (Klaksvík, Faroe Islands soccer club)
- Klean Industries Inc (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Knee Immobilizer
- Knowledge Information
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last night it was feared just 50 of the group of pilot whales and seven dolphins stranded on King Island, near Tasmania, Australia, were still alive.
But last night it was feared just 50 of the pilot whales stranded at a beach on King Island, near Tasmania, were still alive.
Wildlife officers were headed for King Island between the Australian mainland and the south-east island state of Tasmania to help local rescue efforts.
King Island is one of the last few pieces of land bridge that once linked Tasmania to the rest of Australia and is now a speck in the ocean where fat friesian cows outnumber people by four to one The island is also known for its famous King Island Dairy which produces more than 2500 tonnes of cheese each year and last year celebrated its 100th birthday of dairying.