Sasikiran turned back the King's Indian Attack of Greek GM Stelios Halkias who was forced to give a pawn to free his position.
What does KI stand for?
KI stands for King's Indian (chess)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of KI
We have 10 other meanings of KI in our Acronym Attic
- Keithley Instruments, Inc. (Solon, OH)
- Kennedy Information
- Key Indicator (encryption seed used in GSM/PCN and derivative systems call setup)
- Key Informant (data collection)
- Kibi (kilobinary, 2^10)
- Killer Instinct
- Kinderberg International
- Kinetic Inhibitor (chemistry)
- Kinetic Interceptor
- King Island (Tasmania, Australia)
- King's Island (amusement park, Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Kingdom Interlinear (Jehovah's Witnesses)
- Kinsey Institute
- Kiribati (ISO country code, top level domain)
- Kiwanis International
- Klaksvíkar Ítróttarfelag (Klaksvík, Faroe Islands soccer club)
- Klean Industries Inc (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Knee Immobilizer
- Knowledge Information
- Known Issue
Samples in periodicals archive:
Playing with white pieces in King's Indian Defence, Abhijeet controlled the game but after seeing Areshchenko's incessant attacks, he shifted to Grunfeld Defense to play in a counterattacking style.
Dangerous Weapons: The King's Indian Richard Palliser, Glenn Flear, and Yelena Dembo Everyman Chess c/o The Globe Pequot Press PO Box 480, Guilford, CT 06437 9781857445930, $24.
Up until then, the biggest threat posed to our dominance of terrestrial intelligence was the dolphins, but they always played the King's Indian Defence so were easy to beat.
Playing with black pieces, Abhijeet started his third round game with King's Indian Defense which helped him go stronger in his middle game.
d3 As a French player himself, White prefers to try obscure lines such as the King's Indian Attack.
WHITE: WOLFGANG UHLMANN BLACK: BOBBY FISCHER 1 d4 Nf6 2c4c5 It was four years before this game that Bobby had added the Modern Benoni to his opening repertoire of the Gruenfeld, King's Indian and Nimzo-Indian.
Play The King's Indian Joe Gallagher Everyman Chess c/o The Globe Pequot Press PO Box 480, Guilford, CT 06437 1857443241 $19.