NEW Year dieters can take heart after Newcastle scientists found the kilogram is getting heavier.
What does kg stand for?
kg stands for Kilogram (mass)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of kg
We have 20 other meanings of kg in our Acronym Attic
- Karmann Ghia (car model by Volkswagen, 1955-74)
- Karnevalsgesellschaft (German)
- Ken Griffey Jr (baseball player)
- Kendall Gill (basketball player)
- Kevin Garnett (basketball player)
- Key Generator
- Key West to Guantanamo (routing designation; US Navy)
- Keystream Generator
- Kien Giang (bakery; Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Washington, Jan 7 ( ANI ): Experts at Newcastle University have shown that the age old weight unit of kilogram has put on weight.
30 by lifting 109 kilograms and breaking a world Paralympic record.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] So how much does a kilogram weigh?
During question hour in Senate session on Friday, Federal Minister for Anti-Narcotics Khuda Bux Rajar has said that 7086 kilogram heroin and 28,586 kilogram Chars has been seized from Makran, Noshki and other parts of Balochistan while 62 people have been arrested on charge of drug selling.
Simsek lifted 130 kilograms in her first try in clean and jerk on Monday, to total 241 kilograms with a silver-winner 111kg lift in women's 63 kg snatch earlier today.