London, Feb 27 ( ANI ): Researchers have described a promising new technique that potentially could turn immune system killer T cells into more effective weapons against infections and possibly cancer.
What does KTC stand for?
KTC stands for Killer T Cells
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of KTC
We have 76 other meanings of KTC in our Acronym Attic
- Katherine Town Council (Australia)
- Katrineholms Tekniska College (Sweden)
- Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
- Kentucky Transportation Center
- Kenwood Towne Centre (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Kettleman City (Amtrak station code; Kettleman City, CA)
- Key Translation Center (cryptography)
- Key Tronic Corporation (Spokane, WA)
- Kick the Can (gaming, Quake)
- Kill The Cat
- Kingston Technology Company (Fountain Valley, CA)
- Kiss the Cook
- Knees to Chest (therapeutic exercise)
- Knoxville Track Club
- Korean Tom Cruise (slang)
- Kornreich Technology Center (Albertson, NY)
- Kosovo Transitional Council
- Krigterminalcentral (Swedish: War Terminal Central; Joint Command Center for the Swedish Air Force)
- Krusty the Clown (The Simpsons)
- Kubota Tractor Corporation (Torrance, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sidestepping antibodies and focusing on killer T cells seemed like a practical alternative, Letvin says.
Infusions of white blood cells called killer T cells can arm bone marrow transplant recipients against a virus that often causes deadly lung infections among such patients, according to the results of a new study.
They found that killer T cells also interact with another white blood cell type called macrophages --which ingest HIV and, like lymphocytes, play a role in cell-mediated immunity.