Some investigators have indicated that PG supplementation can reduce serum NEFA and ketone body concentrations (Christensen et al.
What does KB stand for?
KB stands for Ketone Body
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of KB
We have 37 other meanings of KB in our Acronym Attic
- Kazakh State University (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
- Base Ionization Constant (aka base constant)
- K Balachander
- Kahal B'raira
- Karnal Bunt (wheat fungus)
- Kate Bush (musician)
- Kaufman and Broad (homebuilding; Los Angeles, CA)
- Kelly Bushing (Oil Industry)
- Keluarga Berencana (Indonesian: Family Planning)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ketone body transport in the human neonate and infant.
The researchers found that modifications to BAD that reduced glucose metabolism and increased ketone body metabolism in the brain were associated with a decrease in seizure susceptibility.
However, activation of mitochondrial ACAT is associated with elevated ketone body levels (Treberg, 2006).