html#utm_source=prnewswire&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=Pathology EpiCast Report: Dry Eye Syndrome - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022 Summary Dry eye syndrome, also known as keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), is a multi-factorial disease of the eye caused by dryness, decreased tear production, or increased tear film evaporation.
What does K SICCA stand for?
K SICCA stands for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca (ophthalmology; form of eye inflammation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Permeability (physics)
- Phylloquinone (vitamin)
- Que (Spanish)
- Special K (cereal)
- Tanker Aircraft Designation (US military, as in KC-10)
- US Offices in China Stamp (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Wreck Less Than $50 Damage (Alabama Public Safety radio code)
- Knights of Columbus
- Knights of Pythias (Masons)
- Kansas State University
- Constant Dollars
- Kyrie Eleison (Greek: Lord Have Mercy; a Catholic prayer)
- Kent and East Sussex Railway
- Kansas and Gulf Shortline
- Kultur Und Gesellschaft (German)
- Knife & Gun Club
- Knopp and Humblet Scheduling Algorithm
- Joint Knopp and Humblet / Round-Robin Scheduling Algorithm
- Knox & Kane Railroad
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Dr Miriam Stoppard's health focus DRY EYES KERATOCONJUNCTIVITIS SICCA What is it?
announced today that it has entered into an exclusive license agreement with Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC for the development and commercialization of SCY 641 for the treatment of canine keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS).
LACRISERT is indicated in patients with moderate to severe dry eye syndromes, including keratoconjunctivitis sicca.
Dry eye syndrome, also called keratoconjunctivitis sicca or ocular sicca, is the result.
To the Editor: Primary Sjogren syndrome (pSS) is a systemic autoimmune disorder characterized by the simultaneous presence of keratoconjunctivitis sicca and xerostomia in the absence of other connective tissue diseases.
Cyclosporine A is the reference molecule for treatment of keratoconjunctivitis sicca with immune and inflammatory etiologies.
Left untreated, irritated and tearing eyes can lead to more serious problems such as blurry vision, cornea infections, and even an ocular surface disease called keratoconjunctivitis sicca.