In a study published in Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, a team of researchers showed how Kawasaki disease is a predisposition to develop accelerated atherosclerosis, often called hardening of the arteries, in young adulthod.
What does KD stand for?
KD stands for Kawasaki Disease
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of KD
We have 20 other meanings of KD in our Acronym Attic
- Kokoda Challenge Youth Program (Australia)
- Kentucky Conference of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Kitsap County Young Republicans (Olalla, WA)
- Kanu Club Zurich (Swiss kayaking club)
- Cost of Debt
- Data Key (FIPS)
- Dissociate Constant (receptor affinity in pharmacology, chemistry)
- Kael Drakkal (Everquest, gaming)
- Kappa Delta
- Katamari Damacy (video game)
- kd lang (musician)
- Keep Dreaming (gaming)
- Keep Driving (mechanical fault finding for intermittent faults)
- Kennedy Disease
- Kentucky Derby
- Kept Daughter (adoption)
- Kerrville Division (Kerrville Veterans Hospital, Kerrville, TX)
- Kevin Durant (basketball player)
- Key and Developmental
- Keyed Differently (locksmithing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The topics include popliteal artery entrapment syndrome, extracranial vertebral artery stenosis, chronic mesenteric ischemia, vasculitides: Kawasaki disease, varicose veins, and lymphedema.
Surgeons hurried to her aid after Jasmine, who suffers with a rare artery disorder Kawasaki Disease, had a heart attack at Windsor High School.
Jasmine was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease when she was just three.
He suffered from the rare Kawasaki disease and died after suffering a seizure.
The 'Face Off' star's son had passed away last year because of Kawasaki disease, a condition that strikes the lymph nodes, skin and mucous membranes of the mouth, nose and throat.