I've always been somewhat skeptical of the anecdotes I heard about the gastronomic marvels to be found in the famed "gourmet temple" of the Kaufhaus des Westens (KaDeWe), translated as "Shop of the West," in Berlin.
What does KADEWE stand for?
KADEWE stands for Kaufhaus des Westens (German: Department Store of the West)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Kutztown Area Democratic Club (Pennsylvania)
- Kasungu Agricultural Development Division (Malawi)
- Kick Alcohol Drug Dependency (Clay City, KY)
- King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau (Jordan)
- Kasese District Development Network (Uganda)
- Kenya African Democratic Development Union (political party; Kenya)
- Kentucky Association of Diabetes Educators (Georgetown, KY)
- Kerry Action for Development Education (Ireland)
- Congress for Freedom and Democracy in Kurdistan
- King Adult Day Enrichment Program
- Kentucky Agricultural Development Fund
- Kuwait Air Defense Force
- Kassanda Development Initiative (Uganda)
- Komite Anti Dumping Indonesian (Indonesian: Anti-Dumping Committee of Indonesia; Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Korea Air Defense Identification Zone (South Korea)
- Kevrenn An Daou Loupard (French: Instrumental Ensemble Breton)
- Rear Admiral (2-Star) Germany
- Kanal Administration Unlimited (Swedish for Channel Administration Unlimited)
- Karakoram Area Development Organization (est. 1996; Pakistan)
- Keys Association of Dive Operators (Florida, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And slap bang in the middle of the Ku'damm is the largest department store in continental Europe, Kaufhaus des Westens or KaDeWe for short.
On Teuentzienstrasse is Kaufhaus des Westens - KaDeWe for short.