But in 1997 Katrina and the Waves were to succumb to the lure of the Eurovision and ultimately its curse.
What does KATW stand for?
KATW stands for Katrina and the Waves (band)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of KATW
- Kennet Amateur Theatrical Society (UK)
- Kick Ass This Summer
- Kingsport Area Transit System
- Kits Assembly Tracking System
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards
- Kuwait Automated Trading System
- King Audio Transcription & Typing Services (UK)
- Korean Augmentation To United States Army
- Kansas All-Terrain Vehicle Association (est. 1987)
- Kawartha All Terrain Vehicle Association (Canada)
- Kids around the World (Washington, DC)
- Karlstad University (Sweden)
- Kerala Agricultural University (Thailand)
- Keystation Adapter Unit
- King Abdulaziz University
- Koalisi anti Utang (Indonesian: Coalition against Debt; Indonesia)
- Korea Aerospace University (Goyang-City, Korea)
- Kau Federal Credit Union
- Kokomo Apple Users Group
- King Abdulaziz University Hospital (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Katrina and the Waves, Anthology (One Way Records) When I wrote about this band some time ago, the CDs of their three albums, Katrina and the Waves, Waves, and Break of Hearts had been out of print for many years.
Tel returns to his home turf tonight when Dublin plays host as Katrina And The Waves try to become the first British winners since Bucks Fizz in 1981.
Katrina and The Waves had a smash summer hit with Walking On Sunshine in 1985, but thereafter were swiftly waved off stage and dismissed as one-hit wonders.