London, December 24 ( ANI ): Two molecules that play an important role in the survival and production of nerve cells in the brain, including nerve cells that produce dopamine, have been identified by scientists at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden.
What does KI stand for?
KI stands for Karolinska Institutet
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of KI
We have 10 other meanings of KI in our Acronym Attic
- Kingston HyperX
- King Harbor Yacht Club (Redondo Beach, California)
- King Harbor Youth Foundation (California; est. 1982)
- Know How You Feel
- Krishnamacharya Healing and Yoga Foundation
- Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (Germany)
- Karawa Health Zone (Democratic Republic of Congo)
- Kilohertz (1000 Hertz)
- Kaizen Institute (Mauritius)
- Kangaroo Island (South Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to a new study by researchers at Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital published in the online scientific journal BMJ Open, treating infection-prone patients over a 12-month period with high doses of vitamin D reduces their risk of developing respiratory tract infection - and consequently their antibiotic requirement.
Researchers from the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden have found that children, whose mothers had smoked during pregnancy, are at higher risk of developing wheezing and asthma.
In return, putting the clocks back in the autumn reduces the risk, albeit to a lesser extent, according to scientists at Karolinska Institutet after they examined how the incidence of myocardial infarction in Sweden has changed with summer and winter clock-shifts since 1987.
This equates to a five-year increase in life expectancy, scientists led by Anders Ahlbom and Bahman Faramand at the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm said.