Iran stopped buying wheat from India in 1996 alleging high levels of Karnal bunt in grain.
What does KB stand for?
KB stands for Karnal Bunt (wheat fungus)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of KB
We have 37 other meanings of KB in our Acronym Attic
- Kazakhstan Hydrometeorological Service (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
- Kazakhstan Institute for Strategic Studies
- Koninklijke Antwerpse Zweefclub Meeuw (Dutch: Royal Antwerp Hang Gliding Club; Belgium)
- Committee for Standardization, Metrology and Certification (Kazakstan)
- Kazakh State University (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
- Base Ionization Constant (aka base constant)
- K Balachander
- Kahal B'raira
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Indian offer placed before the Iranian officials included the shipment at $340 a ton, loading from Kandla and Mundra ports and the Karnal Bunt tolerance limit of 0.
Fifteen chapters are presented, covering the topics of stem rust, wheat leaf rust, strip rust, wheat powdery mildew, spot blotch, foliar blight, resistance breeding for tan spot of wheat, septoria diseases, loose smut, Karnal bunt, common bunt, head blight, viral disease, flag smut, and nematode diseases.
Karnal bunt is a disease of cereals, but seeing that in a headline is the sort of thing that would send shivers down the spine of the current Mrs Groves.
[GRAPHIC OMITTED] The technique used for this study has also been applied to other high-speed sorting applications such as detection of Karnal bunt in wheat, wheat kernel color class, and segregating of wheat into high and low protein classes.
Iran has always had problems with Indian and Pakistani wheat, which contain the karnal bunt fungus.