According to the Kansas Geological Survey, the Mississippian formation has cumulatively produced more than 1 billion barrels of oil in Kansas, and it represents more than 50% of the state's 35 million barrels of annual oil production.
What does KGS stand for?
KGS stands for Kansas Geological Survey
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of KGS
We have 49 other meanings of KGS in our Acronym Attic
- Kansas Gay Rodeo Association (est. 1986)
- Known Geothermal Resource Area
- Kent Gardens Recreation Club (McLean, VA)
- Kang Guru Radio English
- Károli Gáspár Református Egyetem
- Kabupaten Governance Reform Initiatives Project (Indonesia)
- Robert Gray Army Airfield (NWS radar site)
- Korean Government Research Official
- Kieler Gymnasial Ruderverein
- Kommunales Gebietsrechenzentrum
Samples in periodicals archive:
Presentations represented Mississippi Office of Geology, Kansas Geological Survey, Information Management Systems, Stennis Space Center, University of Southern Mississippi, Mississippi State University, University of Mississippi, and University of Rome.
Geology of Franklin County, Kansas: Kansas Geological Survey Bulletin 163, 57p.
According to the Kansas Geological Survey, Trego County has cumulatively produced 66,787,369 bbls to date from multiple formations.
Coal underlies the eastern quarter of Kansas, in both the Cherokee and Forest City basins," says Larry Brady, geologist, Kansas Geological Survey.
Previous Kansas Geological Survey publications note that CBM wells in SE Kansas come on line with low gas production rates that increase and peak, on average, within 6 to 12 months as a result of the de-watering process.