The name Calendula comes from the Latin kalendae, meaning first day of the month.
What does KAL stand for?
KAL stands for Kalendae (Latin: the Kalends, the first of each month)
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of KAL
We have 27 other meanings of KAL in our Acronym Attic
- Københavns Akvarie Klub (Danish club)
- Kristiansand Automobilklubbs
- Kungl Automobil Klubben (Auto Club in Kungl, Sweden)
- Nickname for Austria-Hungary Derived from KK (Imperial and Royal)
- Kerala Association of Kansas City (est. 2003; Missouri)
- Kuch Apne Kuch Paraye (Indian television program)
- Degrees Calvin (French; temperature; Canadian mining)
- Kadýköy Anadolu Lisesi (Ýstanbul, Turkey)
- Kalamazoo (Amtrak station code; Kalamazoo, MI)
- Kalamazoo City (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It came from Kalendae (Kalends), the day on which interest on debts came due in the Roman world.