KDE is a network transparent contemporary desktop environment for UNIX workstations, which seeks to fill the need for an easy to use desktop for Unix workstations, similar to the desktop environments found under the MacOS or Microsoft Windows.
What does KGIS stand for?
KGIS stands for KDE (Kernal Density Estimation) Geographic Information System (data analysis technique)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of KGIS
We have 2 other meanings of KGIS in our Acronym Attic
- King George International Business College (Canada)
- Idaho County Airport (airport code; Grangeville, ID)
- King George International College
- Kingsway General Insurance Company (Canada)
- Karnataka Government Insurance Department (est. 1891; India)
- Konstantin Grcic Industrial Design (Munich, Germany)
- Kandrian-Gloucester Integrated Development Project (Papua New Guinea)
- Korea Global IT (Information Technology) Fund (South Korea)
- Kandel Group Image Gallery (online image database)
- Kodak Global Imaging, Inc.
- Kia Global Information System (Kia Motors; Seoul, South Korea)
- Kiawah Golf Investment Seminars (Johns Island, SC)
- KUB (Knoxville Utilities Board) Geographic Information System (Knoxville, TN)
- Kuder General Interest Survey
- KG Information Systems Limited (Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu)
- Korean German Institute of Technology (Seoul, South Korea)
- Kristian Gerhard Jebsen Skipsrederi (Norwegian shipping company)
- Kautschuk Gummi Kunststoffe (German: Rubber Plastics Rubber; trade publication)
- Kesintisiz Güç Kaynaklari
- Kirisutosha Gakusei Kai (Japanese Christian student group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
That said, the KDE Team has already outpaced SuSE by announcing KDE 1.