JUVENILE DELINQUENCY REMAINS A CENTRAL TERM FOR ACADEMICS AND PROFESSIONALS in sociology, politics, and law, and for many commentators in the media and popular press.
What does JD stand for?
JD stands for Juvenile Delinquency
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of JD
We have 33 other meanings of JD in our Acronym Attic
- Julian Date
- Julian Day
- Junction Device
- Jungdemokraten (Germany)
- Juris Diction (Canadian law firm)
- Juris Doctor (degree)
- Jurisdictional Determination (various locations)
- Jury Duty
- Just Dog
- Justice Department
- Juvenile Delinquent
- Juvenile Diabetes
- Janata Dal United (political party; India)
- Joint-Detection-Assisted Burst-by-Burst Adaptive Code Division Multiple Access
- Joint Detection Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA system that employs joint detection)
- Jungdemokratinnen Junge Linke (German: Young Democrats Young Left)
- J.D. Angst (Scrubs fanfiction)
- Jaipur Development Authority (India)
- Janne da Arc (band)
- Japan Darts Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some 850 copies in the Kyrgyz language and further 600 in Russian will be delivered to Juvenile Delinquency Inspectors as well as among staff of schools across the country.
Juvenile Delinquency begins with a brief history followed by several articles addressing the various facts and theories related to risk factors, assessment and behavioral interventions.
Bad Youth: Juvenile Delinquency and the Politics of Everyday Life in Modern Japan.
Research cited in Importance of Timely Case Processing in Nondetained Juvenile Delinquency Cases, presented by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, revealed that many subsequent referrals of juveniles for delinquent behavior occur before the juvenile justice system has dealt with the initial or preceding referral.
Prevention and Control of Juvenile Delinquency (Third Edition).