The Justice Department laid out its rationale for the spying in a document entitled "Legal Authorities Supporting the Activities of the National Security Agency.
What does JD stand for?
JD stands for Justice Department
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JD
We have 33 other meanings of JD in our Acronym Attic
- Judgment Day
- Julian Date
- Julian Day
- Junction Device
- Jungdemokraten (Germany)
- Juris Diction (Canadian law firm)
- Juris Doctor (degree)
- Jurisdictional Determination (various locations)
- Jury Duty
- Just Dog
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Juvenile Delinquent
- Juvenile Diabetes
- Janata Dal United (political party; India)
- Joint-Detection-Assisted Burst-by-Burst Adaptive Code Division Multiple Access
- Joint Detection Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA system that employs joint detection)
- Jungdemokratinnen Junge Linke (German: Young Democrats Young Left)
- J.D. Angst (Scrubs fanfiction)
- Jaipur Development Authority (India)
- Janne da Arc (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stewart has admitted in interviews since her indictment that in June 2000 she broke an agreement with the Justice Department and violated Bureau of Prisons restrictions to help her imprisoned client, the "blind sheikh" Omar Abdel Rahman, issue a press release to the Reuters news service recommending that his followers in the Islamic Group in Egypt abandon a two-year-old "cease-fire.
Stuber reports that he was shown a Justice Department document suggesting that Greens were likely terrorists.