Sixteen states have complied with SORNA to date; others face federal justice assistance grant penalties.
What does JAG stand for?
JAG stands for Justice Assistance Grant (US Department of Justice)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JAG
We have 78 other meanings of JAG in our Acronym Attic
- Journal of Algebraic Geometry
- Judge Adjutant General
- Judge Advocate General
- Judicial Action Group (lobbyist group)
- Junior Achievement of Georgia (est. 1943)
- Just Another Geek
- Just Another Girl
- Just Another Good Picture Production
- Just Another Guestbook
- Just Another Guy
- Just A Girl Singing To A Radio (band)
- Judge Advocate General/Reinforcement Designee
- Joint Action Group for Temperature Indices
- Jamaica Amateur Gymnastics Association (Kingston, Jamaica)
- James A Garfield National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Japan Association for Galapagos (Tokyo, Japan)
- Java API for Genetic Algorithms
- Just Another Google App
- Japan Graduates' Association of Malaysia
- Japan Association of Graphic Arts Technology
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nearly $60,000 of that sum is a federal Justice Assistance Grant, while $20,000 is city general fund money, Fellman said.
Department of Justice's (DOJ) Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) awarded nearly $2 billion in 4-year Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) funds to state and local governments for criminal justice activities.
Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Recovery Act program, to make up for federal grant money it recently lost out on that would have financed 24 police officer positions.