The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that Smith was rumoured to be involved in a group assembled by Julius Erving to purchase the team since 2006.
What does DR J stand for?
DR J stands for Julius Erving (NBA player)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Dropper (virus scanners)
- Drudge Report
- Dubinin/Radushkevich (equation)
- Dynamic Range
- Dynamic Reconfiguration
- Dynamic Replenishment
- Dynamic Representation (software engineering)
- The Dragon Riders (gaming)
- Doktor der Ingenieurwissenschaften (German Engineering Doctorate Degree)
- Doctor Medicinae
- Devenir Revenir Monter Rester Sortir Venir Aller Naître Descendre Entrer Retourner Tomber Rentrer Arriver Mourir Partir (mnemonic for French verbs using the verb Être in the past tense)
- Dr Pepper
- Dead Reckoning Position (navigation)
- Data Reduction and Analysis
- Data Reporting and Accounting
- Diversity Reception and Erasures Correcting (decoding scheme)
- Disaster Relief and Emergency Medical System
- Dismantle, Remove, and Restore
- Doctor (Alternative Medicine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Anthony Gurley scored 14 and Ricky Harris had 13 for UMass, which wore throwback uniforms from the 1960s and '70s, an era when Hall of Famer Julius Erving, current Boston College coach Al Skinner and Louisville coach Rick Pitino played in Amherst.
Hyatt's first hero as a schoolboy was Dr J, Julius Erving, a dunker.
She also notes that former basketball great Julius Erving serves on the board of Saks Inc.
We believe that it will go from the marvelously smooth and acrobatic 6-7 and 6-8 "giants" like Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Julius Erving, and Kobe Bryant to the 7-1 and above "monsters" like Shaq and Tim Duncan.