They include: Criminal justice system - including the courts, prisons and probation, Establishment of a separate Welsh legal jurisdiction, The appointment of a Welsh member of the Supreme Court, New Welsh offices for the Court of Appeal and the High Court, Maintaining the requirement in primary legislation for at least one member of the Judicial Appointments Commission "to have special knowledge of Wales".
What does JAC stand for?
JAC stands for Judicial Appointments Commission (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JAC
We have 125 other meanings of JAC in our Acronym Attic
- Joint Interoperability of Tactical Command & Control Systems Automatic Committee
- Joint Labor-Management Apprenticeship Committee
- Jordan Aeronautical-Systems Company
- Journal of Accountancy (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Journal of Ancient Civilizations
- Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
- Journal of Architectural Coatings
- Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry
- Journées Automates Cellulaires (Symposium on Cellular Automata)
- Juba Air Cargo (Sudan)
- Junior Achievement Conference
- Junior Advancement Coordinator (Boy Scouts of America)
- Junior Apostolates for Christ (San Francisco area)
- Just About Caring (school club)
- Justice Administration Commission (Florida)
- Juvenile Advisory Committee
- Juvenile Assessment Center
- Juveniles Against Crime (Calvin Drake program)
- Juventud Acción Católica (Catholic youth organization)
- Junior Athletes Club-Akita (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The law ministry is working on a proposal to replace the present mechanism of appointment of judges via a collegium of judges with a National Judicial Appointments Commission.
The final candidate will be picked by a panel of the president of the Supreme Court, the chairman of the Judicial Appointments Commission, a lay member of the commission, and the current Lord Chief Justice.
But I am concerned, as are the Lord Chief Justice and the Chairman of the Judicial Appointments Commission, that progress on diversity remains slow, despite the efforts and commitment of all those involved.
It is working with the Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC), Master of the Rolls and the Lord Chief Justice to persuade senior partners to adopt a more positive attitude to colleagues considering a judicial appointment.
Speaking at a dinner hosted by the Bar Council, which was also attended by opposition party leaders, Abdullah said the government would establish a Judicial Appointments Commission ''to identify and recommend candidates for the judiciary to the prime minister.