Sources include Studia Islamica, International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, Journal of the American Oriental Society, and Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies (U.
What does JAOS stand for?
JAOS stands for Journal of the American Oriental Society
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JAOS
We have 3 other meanings of JAOS in our Acronym Attic
- Japan Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (formerly Japan Association for Maternal Welfare)
- Joint Access Oversight Group (Washington)
- Juvenile Active Ossifying Myxoma
- Java and Object Orientation (software development conference; Trifork)
- Joint Air Operations Plan (Joint Aerospace Command & Control)
- Joint Analysis Operations Program
- Just Another Online Riddle (website)
- Japanese Association of Religious Organizations (Tokyo, Japan)
- Japan Amateurs Orchid Society
- Japan Offroad Service (Tokyo, Japan)
- Journalism Association of Ohio Schools
- Joint Air Operations Staff Course
- Japanese Association of Occupational Therapists (Tokyo, Japan)
- Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology
- Joint Attack Operations Working Group
- Fédération Nationale des Jeunes Alliances Paysannes
- Java Anonymous Proxy
- Jeunes Alliances Paysannes (French: Young Farmers' Alliances; Belgium)
- John Alfred Prestwich (British manufacturer of motorcycle engines)
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rowson ("The Effeminates of Early Medina," Journal of the American Oriental Society 111 : 671-93) and U.
Notes on Two Lama Paintings," Journal of the American Oriental Society (JAOS) 52 (1932) 338-49, with two plates.