12) They also included the establishment of three professional periodicals devoted to Lisztian scholarship: Liszt Saeculum of Sweden in 1972, the Liszt Society Journal of Great Britain in 1975 (hereinafter LSJ), and the Journal of the American Liszt Society in 1976 (hereinafter JALS).
What does JALS stand for?
JALS stands for Journal of the American Liszt Society (est. 1964)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JALS
We have 2 other meanings of JALS in our Acronym Attic
- Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks
- Just Another Lonely Night
- Japan Association of Life Organizers
- Joint Ammunition Logistics Organisation (Australia)
- Japan Lubricating Oil Society (est. 1978)
- Japan Association of Legal Philosophy (Chiba, Japan; founded 1948)
- Journal of the Association of Lunar & Planetary Observers (aka The Strolling Astronomer)
- Japanese Association of Law and Political Science
- Jump And Link Register
- Just Another Lab Rat
- Just A Little Something
- Juvenile Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Japan Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association
- Jewish Alliance for Law and Social Action (Boston, MA)
- Japan Adult Leukemia Study Group
- Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Japanese Antiarrhythmics Long-Term Study (cardiology)
- Jitter Attenuator Limit Trip
- Journal of Accelerated Learning and Teaching
- Journal of Arabic Linguistics Tradition
Samples in periodicals archive:
Suttoni's "Liszt Correspondence in Print: An Expanded, Annotated Bibliography" was published as the entire contents of volume 25 (1989) of the Journal of the American Liszt Society (a preliminary version of the bibliography had appeared in Fontes Artis Musicae 26 [July-September 1979]: 191-234), and a supplement was published in the Journal of the American Liszt Society 46 (Fall 1999): 1-43.
See also: "News Tips," 19th Century Music 10 (Spring 1987): 295, "Communications," Journal of the American Liszt Society 21 (January-July 1987): 98-99, and "Liszt Autograph Score Donated to School," Music at Michigan 20 (Spring 1987): 12.