For a recent discussion of Indian-state relations following the First Republic's demise, see Seth Garfield, "'The Roots of a Plant that Today is Brazil': Indians and the Nation-State under the Brazilian Estado Novo," Journal of Latin American Studies 29:3 (Oct.
What does JLAS stand for?
JLAS stands for Journal of Latin American Studies
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JLAS
We have 1 other meaning of JLAS in our Acronym Attic
- Jean-Louis d'Aviau de Piolant
- Journal of Logic and Algebraic Programming
- Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program (Indiana and Arkansas)
- Judgment of Line Angle and Position (visuospatial test)
- Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission (oversight agency; Virginia)
- Journal for Late Antique Religion and Culture
- Joint Local Authority Regulatory Service (UK)
- Jewish Law Association Studies (journal)
- Joint Land, Aerospace and Sea Simulation
- Journal for the Liberal Arts and Sciences (Oakland City University; Oakland City, IN)
- Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport (Sport and Recreation Law Association)
- Justice League Animated Series
- Joint Land, Air, and Sea Attack (US DoD)
- Journal of Law and Social Change (University of Pennsylvania)
- Joint Land, Aerospace, and Sea Simulation
- Joint Logistics Analysis Tool
- Journal of Latin American Urban Studies
- Jack Linebacker (football)
- James Labrie (Dream Theater vocalist)
- James Lance Bass (NSYNC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lourdes Sola, "Heterodox Shock in Brazil: Tecnicos, Politicians, and Democracy," Journal of Latin American Studies, Vol.
But one can't help noting that the book's most informative material along these lines is already available in the form of journal articles (including one in this journal, 1986, and another in Journal of Latin American Studies, 1989), and that vivid accounts of Rio's urban growth during this period, the labor movement, conditions of urban life, etc.