The Jordanian troops, mainly border guards stationed along the 370-kilometre border between Jordan and Syria, assisted the incoming refugees and provided emergency aid to the injured before sending them to the refugee camps, Jordan News Agency (Petra) quoted the source as saying.
What does PETRA stand for?
PETRA stands for Jordan News Agency
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PETRA
We have 9 other meanings of PETRA in our Acronym Attic
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants (humor)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate
- Priority Education Training Program (Australia)
- Potential Endorsed TEMPEST Products List
- Petrography Permeametry Report (energy exploration)
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Pumpkins
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Rednecks
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Robots
- Petroglyph National Monument (US National Park Service)
- Petroleum pipeline and TeRminal Operating
- Pan European Transport Area (long-distance transport corridors concept)
- Parameter Estimation for the Treatment of Reactivity Applications
- Performance Enhancing Transport Architecture (satellite communications)
- Photonics Electronics Technology Research Association (est. 2009)
- Planning, Evaluation, Training, Rehearsal and Analysis
- Positron-Elektron-Tandem-Ringanlage (Positron Electron Tandem Ring Accelerator)
- Pre-Exit Telemetry Retransmission and Amplification (system for vertical launching systems)
- Product Event Tracking Reporting and Analysis (process manufacturing industry)
- Policies for Ecological Tax Reform Assessment of Social Responses Project (UK)
- Petroquimica Española Sociedad Anonima
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Jordan News Agency quoted Jordanian Minister of Finance Umayya Toukan as saying that the approval is a recognition that Jordan's economic reform programme is on the right track after being exposed to risks that could have harmed growth prospects and social stability.
In a statement to the Jordan News Agency, State Minister for Media Affairs and Communication and Culture Minister Samih Mytah expressed hope that the new Pope would continue to defend the values of peace, human dignity and interfaith dialogue.
Jordan news agency reported that the meeting was attended by Jordanian Industry and Trade Minister Doctor Hatem al-Halawani.
Spokesman for the Jordanian foreign ministry, Mohammed Al-Kayed, told Jordan News Agency (PETRA) that "this Israeli escalation forms a strike against international efforts aiming to achieve Palestinian - Israeli peace and a flagrant challenge to the efforts of the international quartet committee aiming to resume negotiations.
In a report by the Jordan News Agency, ministry spokesman Mohammad Kayed said that that Jordan's representation on the board is an important step on the political and technical levels that shows global understanding of the Kingdom's nuclear programme, in order to meet its medium and long-term water and energy needs.
Jordan's Finance Minister Mohammad Abu Hammour, who took part in the G8 finance ministers meeting today in the Mediterranean port of Marseille, said in a statement to Jordan News Agency that this financial aid will support economic, and political reform programs in these countries and would reinforce democracy and the welfare of Arab societies.