Khaled Toukan, chairman of the Jordan Atomic Energy Commission, said there is a "strong competition" between two offers that Jordan has pre-selected recently to provide the technology for the reactor, Xinhua reported.
What does JAEC stand for?
JAEC stands for Jordan Atomic Energy Commission (Jordan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of JAEC
We have 9 other meanings of JAEC in our Acronym Attic
- Junta Autónoma de Estradas (Portugal)
- Juvenile Absence Epilepsy
- Japan Atomic Energy Agency
- Journal of Artificial Evolution and Applications (Hindawi Publishing Corporation)
- Japanese Association for Experimental Animal Technologists (est. 1966)
- Joint Acquisition E-Business Oversight Board
- Japan Atomic Energy Commission
- Japanese Aero Engines Corporation
- Jepson Alumni Executive Center (University of Mary Washington; Fredericksburg, VA)
- Joint Atomic Energy Committee (US Congress)
- Justice for Albert Ellis Campaign
- Japan-Africa Economic and Culture Association
- Japan Association for English Corpus Studies
- Japan Association for Employment of the Disabled
- Joint and Army Experimentation Division
- Joint and Army Experimentation Division (US DoD)
- Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering
- Japan Automobile Education Foundation
- Japan Association of Economic Geographers (est. 1954)
- Japan Architectural Education and Information Center (est. 1982)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Amman, Jan 13 (Petra) -- A UK delegation comprising a number of the top UK companies in the energy sector are in Amman for a two day official visit during which they will meet with officials from the Jordan Atomic Energy Commission, Jordan Nuclear Regulatory Commission and a number of organizations in the education sector to discuss opportunities for UK-Jordan collaborations.
Last year, the Jordan Atomic Energy Commission announced a single 1,000MW unit to be constructed at Majdal, Mafraq Province in central Jordan.
Jordan's state Petra news said the agreement was signed at the Jordan Atomic Energy Commission by Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources Khaled Toukan and President of the Turkish Atomic Energy Authority Zafer Alper.
The Jordan Atomic Energy Commission (JAEC) will provide the remainder of the $130 million funding for the project to build the Jordan Research and Training Reactor (JRTR).
Jordan will not have any form of nuclear cooperation with Israel before it abides by the relevant international resolutions, including the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty", chairman of the Jordan Atomic Energy Commission (JAEC) Khalid Touqan said.