Gates steered a course between the Air Force's proposal for a single Strategic Command and the Navy's insistence on the status quo, establishing the Joint Strategic Target Planning Staff (JSTPS) at SAC Headquarters in Omaha.
What does JSTPS stand for?
JSTPS stands for Joint Strategic Target Planning Staff
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Joint Science and Technology Office
- Joint Sourcing Training Oversight
- Junior State Thespian Officer (acting)
- Journal Storage
- Japan Society for Technology of Plasticity (Toyko, Japan)
- Japan Society of Thermophysical Properties
- Japanese Society of Toxicologic Pathology (Osaka, Japan)
- Joint Scientific Thematic Research Programme
- Joint System Test Plan/Program
- Junior Science Talent Project (Thailand)
- Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics
- Japanese Society for Theatre Research
- Job-Specific Training Required
- Japan Ship Technology Research Association
- Joint System Training Plan
- Jane's Simulation and Training Systems
- Jersey Shore Touring Society (Red Bank, NJ)
- Journal of Semiconductor Technology and Science
- Junior Scholars' Training Seminar (Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Washington, DC)
- Junior Science Talent Search Examination (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
From 1954 until the Secretary of Defense establishment of a Joint Strategic Target Planning Staff (JSTPS) in 1960, attempts to resolve targeting conflicts and achieve mutual support or unity of strategic effort between the Service chiefs and operational commanders were unsuccessful.
Fraser's staff duties include tours on the Air Staff, Joint Staff, and Joint Strategic Target Planning Staff at Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.