Raytheon, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defence and homeland security, said it has completed a fit check of the joint standoff weapon in the internal carriage bay of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) aircraft.
What does JSOW stand for?
JSOW stands for Joint Standoff Weapon
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of JSOW in our Acronym Attic
- Java Servlets Office Suite (software)
- Joint Special Operations School
- Joint Special Operations Simulation Office
- Japanese Society of Toxicology (formerly Japanese Society of Toxicological Science)
- Journal for the Study of the Old Testament
- Joint Special Operations Task Force
- Joint Special Operations Task Force Commander
- Journal for the Study of the Old Testament Supplement
- Jain Samaj of USA
- Joint Special Operations University
- Junior Sailor of the Year
- Jack Straw Productions (Seattle, WA)
- Jacketed Soft Point (bullet)
- Jackson Structured Programming (COBOL programming method)
- Jamboree Shoulder Patch (BSA)
- Japan Socialist Party
- Japan Studies Program
- Japan-Singapore Petrochemicals
- Japanese Smile Party
- Japanese Society of Parasitology (est. 1929)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Navy completed a series of captive-flight tests on Raytheon Company's (NYSE: RTN) Joint Standoff Weapon C-1, putting the warfighter one step closer to gaining a net-enabled standoff weapon with moving maritime target capability.
Navy awarded Raytheon Company a $106 million USD contract for production of the Joint Standoff Weapon C-1.
Raytheon is still producing the AGM154 Joint Standoff Weapon, which according to its website,"is a family of low-cost, highly lethal weapons that can engage a wide spectrum of targets - from soft targets to hardened point targets - over a range of threat environments by using highly integrated Global Positioning System and Inertial Measurement System guidance.
Raytheon, together with the US Navy and Air Force, demonstrated a communication suite, featuring a weapon datalink and a new air-to-ground message set, that is designed to enhance the operation of Raytheon's Joint Standoff Weapon (Jsow).
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Joint Standoff Weapons (JSOW) Integrated Product Team The JSOW Integrated Product Team led an innovative best-practices acquisition strategy that reduced the JSOW-C weapon unit cost by 25 percent, saving the Navy $133.