As the commanding general of Joint Special Operations Command and later of U.
What does JSOC stand for?
JSOC stands for Joint Special Operations Command
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JSOC
We have 5 other meanings of JSOC in our Acronym Attic
- Joint Special Operations Air Component Commander
- Joint Special Operations Air Detachment
- Juvenile Sex Offender Assessment Protocol
- Journal of Shiatsu and Oriental Body Therapy (UK)
- Japan Security Operation Center (Little Earth Corporation)
- Joint Science Operations Centre
- Joint Service Operational Center
- Joint Service Operational Concept
- Joint Ship Operations Center
- Joint Ship Operations Committee (US DoD)
- Joint Special Operations Component Commander
- Jaguar Saurus of Doom (online gaming)
- Jacob's School of Engineering (UCSD)
- Joint Special Operations Forces
- Joint Special Operations Force C3 Interoperability Program
- Japan Sewer Optical Fiber Technological Association
- Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Tokyo, Japan)
- Japan Society for Occupational Health
- Joint Service Open House
- Joint Statement of Intent
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the report, in his article for the Daily Beast that broke the news of the reported shift, Daniel Klaidman points out that the Pentagon may choose to place responsibility for the drone programme with Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), which is responsible for the Navy's SEAL Team 6, Delta Force, and other equally secretive US military strike forces.
He graduated from West Point in 1976, joined the army after Vietnam, and led the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) from 2003 to 2008.
President Obama has vowed to track-down the killers and bring them to justice, with reports indicated that the Joint Special Operations Command was compiling a list of possible targets -- with potential drone strikes and covert Special Ops raids being conducted.
and AMMAN, Jordan, May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)(NYSE: SAI) today announced it has successfully completed its contract to provide command, control, communications, computers, and intelligence (C4I) support to the Jordan Armed Forces (JAF) Joint Special Operations Command (JSOCOM).
Amman, March 8 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday patronized the inauguration of an advanced center for command and control at the army's Joint Special Operations Command.
The Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) has for years trained for a potential "disablement campaign" that its forces would lead and that would require entering more than a dozen nuclear sites and seizing or defusing atomic weapons, it said.
A SEAL himself, McRaven, as the commander of the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), selected the special unit of Navy SEALs (Sea, Air and Land teams) that killed Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad, Pakistan, May 1, and in which, communications played a pivotal role.