The addition of high-altitude, improved-container delivery systems and joint precision airdrop system (JPADS) platforms guided by the Global Positioning System has equipped our airlift fleet with both vertical and horizontal standoff capabilities.
What does JPAD stand for?
JPAD stands for Joint Precision Airdrop System (US DoD)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of JPAD
We have 1 other meaning of JPAD in our Acronym Attic
- Joint Planning Augmentation Cell
- Joint POW/MIA(Prisoner of War/Missing in Action) Accounting Command (US DOD)
- Joint Public Advisory Committee (Commission for Environmental Cooperation)
- Joint Pow/Mia Accounting Command Central Identification Laboratory
- Joint Protective Aircrew Ensemble
- Justify, Plan, Activate, Control and End (project management)
- Japanese Performing Arts Database
- Jaringan Pilkada Aceh Damai
- Joachim Plattin Ambulance District
- Joachim-Plattin Ambulance District (Festus, MO, USA)
- Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists
- Joint Precision Aerial Delivery System
- Joint Precision Airdrop System
- Joint Polytechnic Admissions Exercise (Singapore)
- Journal of Physician Assistant Education
- Journal of Public Administration Education
- Japan Performing Arts Foundation
- Joint Permit Application Form (Texas)
- Joint Pharmaceutical Analysis Group
- Joint Planning Advisory Group (Voluntary Intermodal Sealift Agreement)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Joint Precision Airdrop System uses a GPS, avionics and motors to guide steerable parachutes to one or more landing zones simultaneously with the kind of precision made necessary by the rugged terrain of Afghanistan.
The safety pin from a Joint Precision Airdrop System (JPADS), which uses steer able parachutes and global positioning guidance to deliver cargo from high altitudes with accuracy.
A Joint Precision Airdrop System (JPADS) delivers supplies to troops in Afghanistan after being dropped from a C-130 Hercules cargo plane.
Leveraging our asymmetric firepower to deter or conclude any battle, and the defense (inaudible), but here in the discovery process, suddenly we may find we need in fact better ground power and better munitions, and we can deliver those now by the joint precision airdrop system or the ICDS (Improved Container Delivery System).
39) In 2003, the Army's PEGASYS-L program teamed with AMC to form a program titled the Joint Precision Airdrop System (JPADS).
Among those innovations are the joint precision airdrop system (JPADS), the improved container delivery system (ICDS), and the most recent development, the C-130-based "low-cost, low-altitude" (LCLA) combat airdrop used to resupply Soldiers at forward operating bases.