The ScanSnap S300M enables loads of paper-based documents such as old photographs, school handouts and marked assignments, payment receipts, financial statements, design and presentation sketches and many others to be converted into searchable Portable Document Format (PDF) or Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG)files in just one touch.
What does JPEG stand for?
JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group (development group for compressed 24-bit color image storage format; also a file extension)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of JPEG in our Acronym Attic
- Junior Physics and Engineering Competition (University of British Columbia)
- Joint Personal Effects Depot
- Journal of Phase Equilibria and Diffusion (ASM International)
- Journal of Postsecondary Education
- Java PDF Extraction Decoding Access Library
- International Journal of Parallel Emergent and Distributed Systems
- Journal of Personnel Evaluation in Education
- Jewish Partisan Educational Foundation (San Francisco, CA)
- Journal of Pension Economics and Finance
- Jefferson Parish Employees Federal Credit Union (Louisiana)
- Joint Photographic Experts Group-Lossless Standard (image file compression algorithm)
- Joint Photographic Experts Group Image Compression
- Joint Prioritized Effects List (counterterrorism)
- Journal of Planning and Environment Law
- Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism (Freund Publishing House)
- Jersey Potato Export Marketing Board
- Job Postings & Employment News
- Joint Protection Enterprise Network
- Journal of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition
- Joint Program Executive Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Joint Photographic Experts Group, an international committee that devised ISO/IEC 10918-1 (the JPEG standard), responded to Forgent's announcement by saying it believes the compression technology may have been in use prior to the date of Forgent's patent.
To ensure a broad scope of the more encompassing DSC standard, VESA established a liaison with Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG), through its parent committee under the joint organization of the International Organization for Standardization and the International Electrotechnical Commission, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29, and with the MIPI Alliance.
These cameras combine the functionalities of analog pan/tilt/zoom dome cameras with built-in motion joint photographic experts group (JPEG), moving picture experts group 4 (MPEG4) compression, and sophisticated IP network interface.