A nascent rebel joint military command, working under the opposition council, would allow anti-regime forces to better coordinate operations and steer fighters away from jihadi ideology, and could lay the foundation for a future national army.
What does JMC stand for?
JMC stands for Joint Military Command (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JMC
We have 123 other meanings of JMC in our Acronym Attic
- Jefferson Medical College
- Jerusalem Music Centre (Israel)
- Jesus and Mary College (India)
- Jiangling Motors Corporation Ltd (China)
- John Mason Cook (tourism company)
- John Merritt Classic (football)
- John Muir College (University of California, San Diego)
- Joint Medical Committee (NATO)
- Joint Message Center
- Joint Meteorological Committee
- Joint Military Commission
- Joint Military Committee
- Joint Modernization Command (US Army)
- Joint Movement Center
- Joint Munitions Command (US Army; Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island IL)
- Josiah Mason College (UK)
- Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Junior Mathematical Congress
- Junior Medical Camp (Cleveland, Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Idris, whose home province of Homs has been at the forefront of the Sunni Muslim-led uprising, was elected by 30 military and civilian members of the joint military command after talks attended by Western and Arab security officials in the Turkish city of Antalya.
During the last summit, he said the GCC leaders adopted a decision to establish a joint military command and develop the Peninsula Shield forces and strengthen defense integration.
The Deputy Chief of the Joint Military Command, Rear Admiral Valentin Gagshev, the Chief of the Land Forces, General Major, Stefan Vasilev, and representatives of Sterling International will attend as well.
GCC Considers Military Joint Command --Foreign Ministers to Discuss on Sunday the Inclusion of Jordan and Morocco A high ranking UAE military official said on Wednesday that the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) had looked at the idea of forming a Joint Military Command, during a meeting of Chiefs-of-Staff of the six nations' armed forces, the Saudi-owned daily ASHARQ AL AWSAT reported on Thursday.
In view of the tense situation in the Middle East, King Saud agreed with Egypt and Syria to set up a three-pronged collective security pact and a joint military command.
European Command, the joint military command responsible for U.