There was a Joint Academic Network (Janet) and all the universities were on it.
What does JANET stand for?
JANET stands for Joint Academic Network (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JANET
- Joint Air Force Navy Experiment
- Joint Air Navigation Experiments (Germany)
- Joint Arrangement Non Entity (financial reporting status; UK)
- Journal of Ancient Near Eastern Religions (Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada)
- Japan Association for Nilo-Ethiopian Studies
- Japan Association for Northern European Studies
- Journal of Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- Journal of the Ancient Near Eastern Society of Columbia University (New York, NY)
- Japan Academic Network in Europe
- Java Native Extensions
- Joint Army-Navy Employee Transport (US DoD)
- Joint Army-Navy Experimental and Testing Board
- Just Another Nonexistent Terminal (USAF)
- Joint Air Naval Exercise
- Joint Army-Navy Facility
- Joint Army-Navy Foul Up
- Just A Nice Guy
- Just Ain't No Good
- Just Add New Garbage Ignoring Tests (eXtreme Programming)
- Junior Army-Navy Guild Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company was one of the first video providers to the users of the Joint Academic Network - a group using video conferencing in the fields of higher and further education, local government and health.
The link will be used by MaNAP to offer resilient Internet services for businesses in the region as well as easy peering for Internet service providers and access to the Joint Academic Network.
MidMAN will be also be hooked up to Super Janet III, the UK-wide joint academic network.
JANET: Joint Academic Network, the linked computers of UK educational establishments .
I've been programme director of UKERNA, the people responsible for operating the Joint Academic Network, since 1987, responsible for a large part of a pounds 15 million annual budget," he says.