Because a holy trinity of wilderness areas forms the region's boundaries--the Kaiser Wilderness to the west, the John Muir Wilderness to the south and east, and the Ansel Adams Wilderness to the north--Kaiser Pass Road provides drive-up access to a landscape you would otherwise reach only by backpacking.
What does JMW stand for?
JMW stands for John Muir Wilderness (est. 1964)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JMW
We have 6 other meanings of JMW in our Acronym Attic
- Jonas Mekas Visual Arts Center (Lithuania)
- Joint Military Vessels Board
- Joint-Domain Minimum Variance Distortionless Response
- Jeunes du Monde Vivons Ensemble (French: World Youth Ensemble's Live)
- Jihadi Master Video Guide
- Just My Very Humble Opinion
- JMTK Visualization Map Data (US DoD)
- Jose Maria Vargas University (Pembroke Pines, FL)
- Joint Multimission Vertical Lift Aircraft
- Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing and Visual Arts (Pawtucket, RI)
- Joods Maatschappelijk Werk (Dutch: Jewish Social Work)
- Juedisches Museum Wien (German: Jewish Museum Vienna; Austria)
- Junior Maine Woodsman
- Jewish Music Web Center
- Joint Member Working Group (UK)
- Journal Watch: Women's Health
- Joint Municipal Waste Management Strategy (UK)
- Jeunesses Musicales World Orchestra (Valencia, Spain)
- Jean Monnet Working Papers (NYU Law School; New York, NY)
- Java Managed Web System
Samples in periodicals archive:
John Muir Wilderness, Yosemite, mustang-observation rides, spring and fall horse drives, three-day trips to Bodie.
John Muir Wilderness (connects Ansel Adams to Sequoia-Kings Canyon).
Wedged between the Minarets Wilderness to the north and the John Muir Wilderness to the south and east, the San Joaquin addition would create California's largest contiguous wilderness.