9 PJ5129 Contributors identified only by name look at the work of Soviet Yiddish poet and playwright Markish, who, along with other members of the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee, was executed for conspiracy against the Soviet regime.
What does JAFC stand for?
JAFC stands for Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JAFC
- Japan Food Additives Association (est. 1982)
- Johannesburg African Football Association (South Africa)
- Justice and Freedom Alliance (South Africa)
- Japanese Association for Asian Englishes (Japan)
- Japan Academy for Asian Market Economies (academic organization; Japan)
- Joint Air Force-Army-Navy
- Juvenile Arthritis Functional Assessment Report
- Juvenile Arthritis Functional Assessment Report for Children
- Juvenile Arthritis Functional Assessment Scale (performance test)
- Japanese Animation, Film and Art Expo
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
- Just A Freaking Contractor (polite form)
- Japan Fashion Color Association
- Jefferson Association for Family Community Education
- Joint Armed Forces of the CIS
- Japan Associated Finance Co., Ltd. (est. 1981)
- Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Options (Florida)
- Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Organization
- Jedi Apprentice: Fan Dimension (website)
- Jesuit Alumni and Friends of Detroit (Detroit, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But, publicly, he continued to hold his peace through the late 1940s, even when, in November 1948, the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee (which had been established in 1942 to mobilize Jewish support in the USSR and in the West for the war effort and now was valiantly attempting to rebuild Jewish cultural life that had been decimated by the Germans), was suddenly abolished and its printing plant and library shut down.
This neat bit of ideological trickery was performed by the Soviet insistence that the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee was a "center for nationalistic and espionage activity.
In the early days of the war the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee used its command of Yiddish and knowledge of Jewish folklore to promote the Soviet cause against the Germans by publishing stirring pro-Soviet propaganda and traveling to the United States in furtherance of that goal.
Some members of the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee may or may not have survived after imprisonment, but can Mr.