His medical education began at Wake Forest's Bowman Gray School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and then in 1943 he elected to transfer to Jefferson Medical College, following the path of his physician uncle, also a Wake Forest and Jefferson Medical College graduate.
What does JMC stand for?
JMC stands for Jefferson Medical College
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JMC
We have 123 other meanings of JMC in our Acronym Attic
- Jacksonville Medical Center (Jacksonville, AL)
- Jamaican Me Crazy
- James Madison College
- Jan Mayen Current
- Japan Map Center
- Japan Marina Company (Tokyo, Japan)
- Japan Metals & Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Japan Mouse Clinic
- Jax Money Crew (computer gaming)
- Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (Berlin, Germany)
- Jerusalem Music Centre (Israel)
- Jesus and Mary College (India)
- Jiangling Motors Corporation Ltd (China)
- John Mason Cook (tourism company)
- John Merritt Classic (football)
- John Muir College (University of California, San Diego)
- Joint Medical Committee (NATO)
- Joint Message Center
- Joint Meteorological Committee
- Joint Military Command (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A research team led by Thomas Force of Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia evaluated 10 patients who suffered moderate-to-severe heart failure while taking imatinib, which is marketed as Gleevec by the drug company Novartis.
Lublin of Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia undertook an international survey of more than 215 physicians with experience in treating MS and asked exactly what these physicians meant by "relapsing-remitting", "relapsing-progressive", "primary progressive", "secondary progressive" and so forth.
He is a graduate of Harvard University and Jefferson Medical College, completing his psychiatric residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Irwin McLean of Thomas Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia.